WPI Inflation rate of India continues its upward path and stands at 11.89% for the year ended 28 June 2008. It moved up by 0.26% from 11.63% in the previous week and 4.42% in the corresponding week a year ago.
Despite government's attempt to prevent price increase, inflation rate increased due to higher prices of fruits, vegetable, pulses, spices, and bajra.
- How is WPI inflation rate calculated in India?
- Inflation rates of India (2009)
- Inflation rates of India (2008)
- Commodities and their weightages in WPI calculation of India, Part I
- Base year and number of commodities used for inflation calculation in India