From the first part,
India uses 435 commodities for its WPI based inflation calculation. On a broader level, the 435 commodities are grouped into,
1. Primary Articles
2. Fuel, Power, Light & Lubricants
3. Manufactured Products
This post covers the second of the main groups, Fuel, Power, Light & Lubricants, which has a group weightage of 14.22624%. Fuel, Power, Light & Lubricants are further classified into various sub-groups as shown below.
Fuel, Power, Light & Lubricants
1. Coal Mining
2. Mineral Oils
Following table shows the sub-groups and individual commodity weightages of the constituents of Fuel, Power, Light & Lubricants.
|Fuel, Power, Light& Lubricants||Coal Mining||Coking Coal||0.24148||1.75291||14.22624|
|High Speed Diesel||2.02034|
In the next part, we will cover Manufactured Products, its sub classifications, individual commodities and their weightages. Do visit again.
- Commodities and their weightages in WPI calculation of India, Part I
- Commodities and their weightages in WPI calculation of India, Part II
- Commodities and their weightages in WPI calculation of India, Part III
- Office of the Economic Adviser, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India
- How is WPI inflation rate calculated in India?
- Inflation rates of India
- Base year and number of commodities used for inflation calculation in India
- The magic of Inflation