Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mobile Bank

I was bit surprised when I saw this van on the by-pass in Thiruvananthapuram with 'Mobile Bank - District Co-operative Bank' written on its side.

The van, like other Mobile services such as Mobile Hospital, Mobile Shops etc., travels to the nuke and corners of the city and its suburbs to give banking services to the common lot. Felt it as a great concept as this would be really useful for people who can't access a bank's services due to various reasons; may be lack of accessibility or time. It also shows the customer focus of the bank.

Wonder when one such van from the bank that holds my salary account would come to my office so that I could do transactions without spending much time on travel and all. Indeed, to be copied by the great banks of India.

No comments: